|Location:||So. San Francisco|
Nourish Inc. is the corporate daily dining division of Rebecca Jean Catering and Events. Founded in 2010, this company has organically boot-strapped every bit of its impressive growth through a proven track record of delicious food and satisfied clients. Our winning formula is: Smart + Healthy = Happy. Each day, our expert in-house chefs design menus based on the highest possible percentages of seasonal, organic, and non-GMO ingredients. This results in an immense variety of fresh, healthy meals with an emphasis on vegetable forward dishes that delight all of our clients regardless of dietary preferences. At Nourish Inc. we believe that each employee contributes directly to the company’s growth and success, and are looking for individuals who will take pride in being part of our team.
The Line Cook is responsible for preparing and/or directing the preparation of food to be served, complying with all applicable sanitation, health and personal hygiene standards and following established food production programs and procedures. This position is also responsible for appropriate use of facility supplies and equipment to minimize loss, waste and fraud.
- Prepare or direct preparation of food served using established production procedures and systems.
- Determine amount and type of food and supplies required using production systems.
- Ensure availability of supplies and food or approved substitutions in adequate time for preparation.
- Set steam-table; serve or ensure proper serving of food for tray line or dining room.
- Comply with established sanitation standards, personal hygiene and health standards. Observe proper food preparation and handling techniques.
- Store food properly and safely, marking the date and item.
- Report necessary equipment repair and maintenance to supervisor.
- Correctly prepare all food served following standard recipes and special diet orders.
- Plan food production to coordinate with meal serving hours so that excellence, quality, temperature and appearance of food are preserved.
- Apportion food for serving.
- Maintain daily production records.
- Keep work area neat and clean at all times; cleans and maintains equipment used in food preparation.
- Complete food temperature checks before service.
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous cooking experience
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive Compensation
- Health, Dental and Vision Benefits
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Paid Sick Time
- Free Daily Meals at Work