|Location:||Morgan Hill, CA|
Nourish Inc. is the corporate daily dining division of Rebecca Jean Catering and Events. Founded in 2010, this company has organically boot-strapped every bit of its impressive growth through a proven track record of delicious food and satisfied clients. Our winning formula is: Smart + Healthy = Happy. Each day, our expert in-house chefs design menus based on the highest possible percentages of seasonal, organic, and non-GMO ingredients. This results in an immense variety of fresh, healthy meals with an emphasis on vegetable forward dishes that delight all of our clients regardless of dietary preferences. At Nourish Inc. we believe that each employee contributes directly to the company's growth and success, and are looking for individuals who will take pride in being part of our team.
The Prep Cook is responsible for assisting in the preparation of food to be served, complying with all applicable sanitation, health and personal hygiene standards and following established food production programs and procedures. The cook is responsible for appropriate use of facility supplies and equipment to minimize loss, waste and fraud.
- Assists in the preparation of meals by chopping vegetables, making salads, and putting together entrees.
- Ensures that leftover food is stored properly and safely, marking the date and labeling items.
- Correctly prepares all food served following standard recipes and special diet orders.
- Tests the temperature of food at specified intervals when directed.
- Complies with established sanitation standards, personal hygiene and health standards.
- Keeps work area neat and clean at all times; cleans and maintains equipment used in food preparation.
- Observes proper food preparation and handling techniques.
- Reports necessary equipment repair and maintenance to supervisor.
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous cooking experience
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive Compensation
- Health, Dental and Vision Benefits
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Paid Sick Time
- Free Daily Meals at Work