|Location:||Morgan Hill, CA|
Looking for Experienced Catering Sous Chef. Must be able to handle multiple events at the same time. Must have great people skills and ability to manage a diverse Kitchen. Excellent opportunity.
Nourish Inc. is the corporate daily dining division of Rebecca Jean Catering and Events. Founded in 2010, this company has organically boot-strapped every bit of its impressive growth through a proven track record of delicious food and satisfied clients. Our winning formula is: Smart + Healthy = Happy. Each day, our expert in-house chefs design menus based on the highest possible percentages of seasonal, organic, and non-GMO ingredients. This results in an immense variety of fresh, healthy meals with an emphasis on vegetable forward dishes that delight all of our clients regardless of dietary preferences. At Nourish Inc. we believe that each employee contributes directly to the company's growth and success, and are looking for individuals who will take pride in being part of our team.
It is the responsibility of the Catering Sous Chef to prepare foods for service according to assignment by the Catering Chef.
- Supervises/Manages the Catering Kitchen team to include efficient staffing, employee development and training.
- Maintains clean and sanitary food preparation and storage areas at all times in accordance with state and local sanitation requirements and codes.
- Makes purchasing decisions (food, paper goods, supplies) for the restaurant, ensuring budgetary considerations.
- Develops strategies for increasing sales and profitability within management scope. Prepares the weekly kitchen work schedules.
- Provides for the timely repair, maintenance, and upkeep of all kitchen equipment and/or mechanical systems.
- Develops and implements new kitchen policies as required.
- Promotes and maintains the highest level of customer service to all guests while staying alert to their needs.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 2 years or more catering sous chef experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent/Culinary certification or degree preferred.
- Experience in multi-tasking of projects and project management.
- Basic Administrative computer skills.
- Excellent guest service and hospitality skills.
- Self-motivated with excellent organizational skills and attention to detail..
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information.
- Ability to work well with people, in a team environment, and to communicate effectively.
- Obtain/maintain Serv safe Certification.